Our growing company is seeking a GIS/GPS Field Technician to perform visual inspections and data collection related to ground utility assets and perform QA/QC of collected data in Akron Ohio.
The GPS Field Data Technician operates and maintains various instruments and measuring devices to assist the Project Team in completing different types of field activities (i.e., water utility meter and service line locations). Job responsibilities also include data collection in the field with the direction and guidance of a Project Manager. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency regarding the essential functions of the job found below.
- Operates various field equipment (i.e., Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, subsurface line locator, Android mobile device, and magnetic locator)
- Performs assigned field activities and is responsible for the collected data
- Maintains and operates the instrumentation throughout the collection process of pertinent data.
- Understand project scope by frequently communicating with Project Team.
- Determines if all project tasks have been completed, reviewed, and documented in compliance with the Project requirements.
Adherence to Atwell Product Quality Standards.
- Follow and obey Company, Customer and OSHA required safety rules and regulations.
- Wear and use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- No prior experience is required.
- Valid drivers license required
The Wetwork Group LLC
12 E Exchange St.
For more information: